January 3, 2010

Welcome to Dips & Desserts!

This blog started with a name. I was on the phone with my Mom and mentioned how all I knew how to "cook" were dips and desserts. We both thought that phrase made a wonderful name and thought it would make a fantastic store or bakery. Then we laughed because neither of us can cook that well. Heck, one of us can barely cook at all. (Hint: Me). But I told my Mom that day that I would use the name in the future.

Then my husband and I decided to have our first holiday party in our new home. We weren't serving dinner so I didn't really need to cook, but I wanted to have some things homemade. Naturally, I had three dips, and a few desserts. However, only one of my dips actually turned out. The same was true of the desserts, in my opinion at least. It was a holiday party and everyone was drinking so no one cared but me.

The next day I told my husband that I was going to recreate those dips to figure out what went wrong. "I want to PERFECT them," I said. To that, my husband replied:

"We can't survive on dips and desserts alone."

A blog idea was born.

So, what is Dips & Desserts? It is not a cooking blog. I could not even begin to pretend it is. What I expect it to be is a cooking journey. As I say off to the side, despite the fact that I don't cook, I have long hoarded many, many recipes with the intent to "someday" try them out.

Today is someday.

Well, maybe not today, but soon. I hope you will follow me along - laugh with me, cry with me, offer me tips, secrets, recipes. I know I will need the help.

Cheers!



10 comments:

Debi said...

I love the name - LOL
I am interested in what's coming in your new blog because all I ever make is grilled chicken and chicken noodle soup.So if you ever hear any "clucking" - yep, it is coming from me !
Congrats on your new blog, I love the layout!
Happy Cooking :-)

Ruth said...

Love the name too and can't wait to see how this new blog develops.

Debi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

What a great idea! I prefer making dips and desserts for a party rather than a full meal anyway.

Living Dees Life said...

i am so very interested :) i LOVe to cook! and i love the layouts of both of your blogs <3

j'lynn said...

I'm so excited! I cannot wait to see what this journey brings! I feel like I'm witnessing some kind of a Dani/Dania (playing on Julie/Julia) moment! :D

Rach said...

What happened to all those meals in the crockpot? I am sure I saw one concoction on your counter when you guys first moved in.

Anyways, if you need a taste-taster (or two), you know where to find us :)

Jennifer said...

Ohh, I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. And maybe stealing some ideas!!

*~Dani~* said...

Debi - Thanks. The name is my favorite part. Thanks for the help with that. I might need some grilled chicken recipes ;)

Ruth - I can't wait to see either. :)

Debbie - dips and desserts are the best part! YUM

Blaez - I might need you to contribute some recipes and ideas. Thanks on the layouts :)

jlynn - you are witnessing something. What still remains to be seen ;) I like the Dani/Dania part. I feel like a split personality.

Rach - I do make some in the crockpot but only have a few on rotation. I need to branch out a bit. I may need taste testers as B is kinda picky about things.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Idle Downloads With NZB Files You Can Swiftly Find Movies, Games, Music, Applications and Download Them @ Electric Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]